Lazy-Days Scalloped Potatoes
by Rose Childers
6 large potatoes (about 3 pounds)
2 cans (13 1/2 ounces each) cheddar cheese soup
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon minced onion
2 whole canned pimentos diced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Thinly slice the unpared potatoes (about 1/4 inch thick is best), then add to salted boiling water, cover and boil 5 minutes. Drain.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the soup and milk, add onion, pimentos and pepper to taste.
4. Spray a 2 to 3 quart oblong casserole dish with nonstick spray.
5. Starting with potatoes, alternate layers of potatoes and cheese sauce.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. (I like to finish with a dusting of paprika for pretty color.
7. Bake 35 minutes. Makes 10-12 servings.
Back to Friends and Neighbors