My location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Area of academic studies:
Romance & Germanic Languages & Literatures
M.A.in Translation & Language Teaching
Technical: various fields including Computers, Environmental, Water Conservation, Green Technologies, Oil & Gas, Mining, GIS, Aviation & Space, Auto-Motor, Construction, Civil Engineering, Architecture. Military. Economy, Commerce, Finance. Medical & Health Care, Sociology & Politics, Art & Culture, Religion & Philosophy, Esoteric teachings. Linguistics, Literary, Media with proven strong writing skills in English, Russian and Ukrainian.
Technical Manuals, Operation Procedures, Project Reports, Other
Proofreading, Localization, Editing.
Cross-Cultural Consulting: Ukraine, NIS, FSU, USSR. Ethno/geographic research with Slavic content.
Language Teaching & Course-Writing: Ukrainian, Russian, ESL.
Russian & Ukrainian native speaker, fully bilingual
Translator, Localizer, Proofreader
Creative writing, Journalism
International Radio Broadcaster (Ukrainian) USIA, The Voice of America qualified.
Translator experience highlights:
- intern, Ukraine Chamber of Commerce;
- inhouse, Powder Metallurgy Research Institute, Ukraine Academy of Sciences;
- inhouse, Electric Welding (Paton's) Research Institute, Ukraine Academy of Sciences;
- inhouse, Research Institute for Scientific & Technical Information
- inhouse, Environmental Management Development in Ukraine
(EMDU) Project by OCEEI-CIDA-IDRC.